Tuesday, June 26, 2007

famous female painters from India

Let me state at the very beginning that I am more of a science person then an art peorson and rennaisance, surrealism etc etc are greek and latin to me. I have never understood mordern art with their vague and random splashes of color and people interpreting a "deeper meaning " to it in their own way. The only mordern art I liked is sand art.


Anyway this blog is not about me its about my neighbor who is from poland and has a cute 12 year old daughter who asked me about famous painters from India for a class project she was doing. I named a few I know Ravi Varma, Bapu, MF Hussain actually they were the only people I knew. And then she asked me if I Could name a female painter. I was dumbfounded I had no idea and nobody came to my mind, I have been trying to hide from her for the last two days as I didnt have an answer. So please anyone who know an answer please include the name in the comments.

From my limited knowledge of famous painters of the world I realised that there are very few female painters I know except for Monalisa (oh wait she was the painting not the painter hmmmm.)

Growing up I remember that the arts class was the girls class they enjoyed it so much painting, gluing, "chamki"Ing etc. while my greatest art creation was a black road which I had to make wider at one end to fit in a car on it and a well beside it ( I later realised that I got the extrapoints from my arts teacher because she thought the whole contraption was a helicopter dont ask me how!!). Anyways I thought girls had a penchant for art and I was rather surprised I dod not know any famous female painters form India. what is the reason for this??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the downgrade efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=fox video converter 8.0.8.25 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg